Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Introduction: Adam

I'm going to be upfront: I've never contributed to a blog or had much practice writing like this. This will probably become more and more obvious the more I write, so bear with me.

My name is Adam. I'm a 21-year-old pre-everything (for now) trans boy going to school in western NY. I'm majoring in a computing field and I am a freelance web developer. I love animals, and I'm currently raising my puppy to participate in several different dog sports and to be a therapy dog.

Only recently, and with the support and feeling of safety and comfort I get from my partner, have I come out both to myself and a small group of friends. I haven't told my family, nor do I plan to for quite a while or until I make more concrete plans for transitioning. I participate in my college's trans support group and am starting counseling soon to discuss transitioning, among other things.

I'm excited to contribute to this blog both because I've never done it and because this is something I want to educate people about. I'll likely be posting a lot of personal experience entries from my childhood as well as from my possible impending transition. So I hope you enjoy, and feel free to ask me any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment