I feel like such a shill for doing this, so I'll start off by saying that I am not in any way affiliated with Hattrick other than having enjoyed playing it for the past 10-ish years. But seriously if you like soccer and statistics and math and fantasy sports...you should play Hattrick.
So what exactly is Hattrick? It's an online soccer manager game driven by a large and complicated mathematical engine.
In Hattrick you act as manager, owner, and coach of a fictitious soccer team (that you can name balls69 if you want). You're responsible for:
- Setting training type (i.e. defending, passing, scoring, etc.)
- Setting training intensity (what percentage is devoted to skill training and what percentage is devoted to stamina)
- Setting individual match orders (who plays where, who subs for who, and whether a player plays offensively, defensively, towards the middle, or towards the wing)
- Setting team match orders (choosing a captain, choosing penalty kickers, choosing the team formation, choosing team tactics, and choosing the team's intensity level)
- Hiring and firing your head coach
- Hiring and firing assistant coaches
- Hiring and firing team personnel (i.e. doctors)
- Buying and selling players (there are country-specific and worldwide transfer markets searchable by desired skills)
- Renovating the arena as the team grows in skill and the fan club grows in numbers
- Creating and maintaining a youth team for call-ups (optional)